Friday, April 5, 2013

How to restore your pet's health during allergy season with apple cider vinegar and flax oil

I am not a veterinarian, please consult with your vet before giving your dog new things.
Yes pets can have allergies too! My doberman pincher gets it pretty bad every year. Her eyes get all goopy with gooey junk, it's gross. So I thought this year I would try something. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!
This stuff is sooo nasty but boy does it fix so many problems! When I worked at the vet's office I remember seeing a few items containing apple cider vinegar so I knew it was safe for them, and I heard it helped with human allergies, so why not try it out? This stuff exceeded my expectations, her eyes used to be filled with the goo junk, we would have to wipe it out throughout the day, now there is no goo at all. Like magic!
She has been on flax oil for some time already, the omega 3s and omega 6s fixes her dry skin, and improves her fur quality as well.
So now every day, I fill a big and little food bowl with food. (we have an australian cattle mix also)
I put about 4 cap-fulls of apple cider vinegar in the big bowl, and like 2 in the little one.
Then I drizzle the flax oil on top, about a tablespoon or so, and for the smaller bowl I do less than a teaspoon. In the beginning she would sneeze at it, but now she prefers it in her food.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html
http://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-dogs.html
Although, I can't stand the taste, apple cider vinegar is good for you too! There are two many things, but it virtually helps almost everything.  Allergies, arthritis, joint pain, balancing PH, acid reflux, acne, regulate blood pressure..... The list is endless.
If you can find raw, that's great! But this is what's at trader joe's so this is what I buy. It seems to have done a great job on my dogs, anyway.

That's my pretty girl patiently waiting for one of her homemade holistic treats.
For more info on my treats check them out here
https://www.etsy.com/listing/124991782/holistic-dog-treats-organic-apple-peanut?ref=shop_home_active
https://www.etsy.com/listing/82813244/all-natural-dog-treats-bag-of-30?ref=shop_home_active


No comments:

Post a Comment